Jan 2, 2010

My uncle's speciality





















Tonight meal :
Steamed fish(snapper(we call it "Tai"鯛 in japanese) & Thai style vermicelli salad

My uncle used to live in Hong Kong before. Chinese food and Thai food are big influence on him.
In regard to steam fish, Seppanyu(石班魚)is quite popular for this meal in Hong Kong but in Sydney, he usually use a snapper instead.

I had both of them before when I lived in Hong Kong but I haven't tried to make them yet.
These two meals look gorgeous and they are suitable for dinners when we invite someone.
I will make them next time when I go back to Tokyo.

Today's Taro's rate : ★★★★(full mark is 5 stars.)
Besides fish, rice and vermicelli, he ate slices of cucumber!! figured out he loves cucumbers even it is hard to cut and chew using his only 8 teeth.
Thought he needs cucumbers since it is hot in here. Probably he will not eat it in winter.
Cucumbers make his body cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment