Jan 3, 2010

My Dear Crumpets!!

While I stay in Sydney, I always have crumpets for breakfast. Crumpets is similar to pan cakes but the shape is a little bit different. There're lots of bubble holes on the pancake like a sponge. Not sure how the shape would be but I guess lots of baking soda or yeast make it this shape.
Does anyone know how to make them?











Although I love it very much, I still cannot find it in any stores which sells imported foods in Tokyo . I don't know why. Very yummy though....

Today's Taro's rate: ★★★★
He loves crumpets as I expected. He likes to eat anything that is made from flour.
Butter and honey: Absolutely his favourites.

I need to feed him more vegetable....
think think think....





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaori! I love your photos and dishes! You are very talented. I wish I could taste your food in your apartment and play with Taro-chan. Maybe you can buy some crumpets, take them back to Tokyo and start a new business? ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tomoko~!!! Thank you for leaving your comment.
    Tonight, Oni-ojichan made "Ken's hot pot" for us. Taro ate a lot! A LOT!! Oni-chan was glad with Taro's appetite.
    When I go back to Tokyo, I will try some recipes from the cook book you gave me. Plus if I have a chance to meet you again during our staying in Sydney,I will cook "gnocchi" for you;-)
    give me a call~!!

    ReplyDelete