Jan 21, 2010

Hua Juan(Steamed Buns)

Seeing the basket steamer, my heart gets warm.

When winter has come, I miss the steamed stuff. Made Hua Juan(花巻)from scratch.
For tonight, I had prepared for Char siu since3 days ago and had some Chinese dinner!

Chinese Cuisine Menu
-Steamed Buns
-Stir-Fried Gizzard and ”Zha cai” with spring onion
-Char Siu
-Stir-Fried egg and garlic chives
-Moyashi, Spinach and Steamed Chicken Namul(it's Korean food though. Never mind. Close to chinese!)
-Lotus roots sour soup

In regard to "Char Siu", It should be roasted and sweet. I dare say that Japanese ones are not Char Siu at all. That was braised pork. This Char siu I made was very similar to Hong Kong style except the colour. I didn't use any red colur ingredients.
Soybean sauce and lots of Honey are the key point.

Taro's rate:★★
He loved Char siu but it was a little bit solid that he couldn't chew well.
Jun's rate:★★★★★
He devoured steamed buns. He had half of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment