Apr 6, 2010

Mantou 饅頭

Since Taro has been suffering from diarrhea, I made Mantou for him from scratch.

Stir fried pork and vegetables with Sweet bean sauce.(回鍋肉)

Chinese Vermicelli Soup

I thought Taro would like the Mantou, but I was wrong. He doesn't want to eat anything except breastfeed milk! I think I always say it many times whenever he gets sick. :(

Here's the Mantou recipe.

Ingredients
200 g all purpose flour (put aside 100g flour to another bowl)
110g water(room temprature)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
a pinch of salt

Method
Place 100g flour and other all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add water and stir until incorporated.
Cover the wet towel on the bowl and leave it for 1 hour until bubbles.
Add the rest of 100g flour. Mix everything to a dough.
Turn it onto a floured board and knead until smooth.
Roll the dough into a cylindrical shape and cut into 6 pieces.
Place the dough in the steamer. Leave them for 30 minutes.
Steam them for 15 minutes.
Serve with hot.
It go with any dish. I like to eat it with butter and strawberry jam for breakfast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment