Apr 4, 2010

Chinese Boiled Dumpling(水餃子)




Though I am having a terrible cold, I cannot stop making something.

Made Boiled Dumpling from scratch.

Fennel+ Ground Pork

Celery + Ground Pork

Chopped lotus + Ground pork



I took around 2 hours to make dumpling from scratch. Especially wrapping filling was a tough work. We made 60 dumplings for 3 tastes. Celery, Fennel and Lotus. The first two ingredients fascinated us, especially the flavour. As for the lotus, we can enjoy the texture.

As for the dough, 300g all-purpose flour and 165cc water(room temperature). ( do not add more water.)
Knead the dough until the surface become smooth. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.

Basically, for the filling I seasoned salt, pepper, sesami oil, soy sauce, a little bit Sake and ginger juice. Mix together well until sticky. I prefer simple filling, one vegetable and one kind meat.


I had a fever yesterday. Still have a sore throat and runny nose. Today Taro got a fever as well. Probably the same flu.
My immune system is something wrong.

Taro's rate:no mark
He had no appetite at all. Poor Taro-chan. Tomorrow, he is going to challenge staying at a school for 2hours. He must be crying during the whole time. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment