Mar 22, 2010

My Spanish Night

To consume loads of breads I've got from Signifiant_Signifie which is located at Mishuku, Tokyo,
we had Spanish-Oriental meal tonight.
The reason I said them "oriental" is that I used lots of spices for them. It might be Morocco taste. ( I haven't been there though. Just my guess.)

Kaorinskiee salad
Boiled "petit vert",which is crossed with Brussel sprouts, kale and Chinese cabbage Salad. Served with boiled egg with anchovy. Sprinkle with curry and mustard dressing. Inspired to make it by Madam Masako salad.



Braised orange chicken

Adapted from Otsuki Chihiro's recipe. She is an expert of Spanish food.
Simmered Chicken drum and thigh with sliced lemon and oranges plus a head of garlic! Those citrus should be organic so that we can eat their skins as well. Season salt, black pepper and wine vinegar. Simmer for 1 hour. After simmering leave them by the next day so that it would be more tasty.
In regard to her cookbook, she used red wine, Italian parsley, but since I don't have them, I used white wine and coriander instead. Then I came up with adding coriander seed and paprika.
As far as I'm concerned, this challenging succeeded!! YES! made it!
Enough soften garlic makes them rich taste, but citrus helped more clear taste.


Braised Peas

Reviewed my previous Italian cooking class. I added some chopped onion when braised. Make sure that the "pancetta" should be genuine one. Otherwise, it will never taste good.

Pain de Campagne from "signifiant_signifie".

This "pain de campagne" is from "signifiant_signifie". I tried to taste various breads at the shop(actually I threw away more than 5000yen for the bakery. I think I am crazy.).

This bakery shop is quite famous for selling yummy and genuine breads. Actually they are very gorgeous and enough yummy, but as far as "pain de campagne", I prefer my baking one. Is it challenging saying?

When you want to buy some breads at the shop, I recommend "chabata" and "Pain de mie". Those two breads are the best ever at the shop. I never recommend "croissant". They're too much butter. Yes, as if I ate butter not croissant.


Taro's rate; none
He had breastfeed milk and two-bite sizes bread only. However, at lunch time, he spontainiously had wonton stuffed shrimp,pork minch, and coriander.
Gradually his appetite is coming back. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment