Dec 28, 2009

English Muffins


Last night I baked English muffins by grilled pan.
Baked by very low heat. It takes about 50 minutes.
After the first leaven and bench time, baked them.

This method is quite unique, isn't it!

I always bake breads from scratch. Before I used to use a natural yeast called "Hoshino Tennen Kobo", however, the yeast can keep for only 2 weeks in the fridge. It has become an obsession with me. They push me a lot to bake something and I got tired of it. :-(

So recently I prefer to use instant dried yeast, only 1/4 tablespoons for 300g flours. Very few. that's the key of baking yummy bread. The bread using few yeast keeps longer than others and never smells something chemical of yeast.





I hardly put oil, butter, milk and eggs into the dough.
I want to taste the flour by itself . Enough kneading makes it soften.

Re-heat the muffins. Served with "CALPIS" non added salt butter and honey.

This is what I need for breakfast today!

Yumm.







No comments:

Post a Comment