Dec 29, 2009

Dinner with my friends

Last night, I prepared for tonight's dinner.
A whole cabbage again!
Yes, I put one cabbage cut roughly and a chunk of pork into the "le cruiset" and simmered it for around 2 hour.
Just leave it with low heat until the cabbage and meat soften.
Easy.
During the time, I can browse internet:-)

I referred to the recipe from Naomi Takayama 's cook book. (see my favourite cook book.)
It doesn't have any proper name, but I usually call it "Braised Pork and Cabbage cream".

This sort of dish would be quite helpful when I organize dinner menu. Only if I prepared it by the day before, I just re-heat the pot when the guests come.
No need to rush. It enable me to focus on another dish such as salad and pasta.

Served with tomato sauce pasta. Each
meal is nice but when you eat together, it will become more tastier!







Tonight's highlight is sweets.
Made "Pear and Parmigiano Cheese Moouse."
Learnt it from Italian cooking class.
I have never used Parumigiano as sweets. This is amazing.
At first, thought it might have be rich taste and cannot eat a lot, but the pear helps made it more lighter.
Cannot stop eating~~~~~!!

Need to skip breakfast tomorrow....


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful gorgeous dinner! I was really surprised at a lot of special dishes and delicious bread like Italian restaurant.
    I understand your baby become excited at this bread...We wanted to take away it for our tomorrow breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ando-san!
    Thanks for leaving your comment!
    Glad to know you all love my bread :-)
    Next time,I promise to bake it as a souvenir.
    Thanks again! Have good holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is great.. i think i would be visiting your blog often. i love cooking but do not know many recipes.. i can learn from your posts..

    ReplyDelete