Dec 24, 2009

A Cabbage Ragu Sauce Pasta


Once a week, "Radish Boya" which is the organic food delivery service distributes various seasonable vegetables they choose to my place. It depends on the harvest, living area and climate, so we have no choice to select them. Though it might be inconvenient, for me, this is a challenging to make new recipes and great opportunities to meet new and rare vegetables.

Recently, somehow cabbages come quite often to my place. It causes me some trouble. Cannot come up with something new recipe on cabbages! How many cabbage recipes do you have? Can't you consume one big cabbage for a week?


Ragu sauce is the answer.


The good point of ragu sause is that I can consume loads of vegetables. In this case, aside from tomatos, one onion, one celery and a half of carrot,I used one whole cabbage!
Yes, I used one whole cabbage in the sauce. It worked out!
In regard to meat, I used 200g minced beef and pork only. I never use soup cubes. Believe the power of vegetables!

As for the pasta, I made them from scratch.
When I usually make them, I get them into the freezer in case whenever we want to eat . It helps me a lot, especially I don't have enough time to cook. Usually when you boil spaghetti, it takes around 10 minutes, whereas frozen fresh pasta, it takes only 3minutes!
If you have a pasta machine, I strongly recommend to make it from scratch. It will be your special fast food, plus no need to be bother about "al dente" ! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment