Dec 21, 2009

Chicken and Root Vegetables Curry



When winter has come, I want to eat seasonable vegetables such as raddish, lotus and burdock. These are very typical Japanese vegetable. Usually people would use these stuff to make "Tonjiru” which is the one kind of Miso soup. But I would like to make something new.Thus I made root vegetables curry and brown rice.
When I make Japanese style curry, I always prepare for brown rice. Somehow these are matching very much. Both root veggies and brown rice have loads of fibre. When you feels constipation, this meal will surely help you :-P

Ingredients:
Roots vegetables(radish, lotus, burdock, taro, carrot etc.)
Chicken thigh (Pork would be fine as well.)
Dashi(Japanese soup stock which is made from Katsuo(bonito) and seaweed.)
Curry paste (Japanese made. sweet one would be suitable for this curry)

-If you have "Liver paste", you can add 2~3 table spoons in the soup. Then the taste would become more thick and rich.
Next time, I will tell you how to make yummy liver paste!

No comments:

Post a Comment