Aug 29, 2010

Japanese Dinner

Tai-Meshi
Since I've got 3 tiny Tai fish(red snapper), made Tai-meshi.
Lotus root Kinpira with Umeboshi
Hijiki(sea weed) salad
Braised pumpkins
Okura and Nagaimo(sticky potato) cold soup w/Junsai

Yesterday, my friend visited my place to learn how to make pasta from scratch. At first, I was planning of making Italian dinner, but Jun got fed up with it since he had Italian every weekend night. Thus I made Japanese food for his request.
Actually, we missed the soy sauce and Dashi taste. Our soul food is Japanese anyway.

Taro's rate:★★★
He concentrated on playing with cars. How should I discipline him during at meal ? So far, I hardly scold him even when he is playing during at meal. (At school, he always sit properly and behaves well during the lunch time. )
Meals should be enjoyable. At least I don't want to scold at him during the time. ( Of course, if he frolics and spill out milk on the floor, I may scold at him.)
Humm. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I find amazing the amount of different ingredient and dishes for each meal. It's like having a little bit of everything, so scrumptious. I will look for lotus root in London, love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotus roots is very interesting vegetable. The texture is fun.( In japanese,we call it しゃきしゃき。しゃきしゃき is one of the expressions of the sound of chewing.) when grated them, they would become more sticky like a rice cake. :D Have a look at the store!

    ReplyDelete